Preliminary Policy Directions
The Preliminary Policy Directions are more detailed policy ideas for the New Official Plan, building on the 5 Big Moves. They recommend:
- a new framework of urban designations intended to better address neighbourhood context,
- a proposed approach to growth management with intensification focusing on low-rise building forms along corridors and nodes,
- improved support for active transportation and better alignment of land use and transportation policies, revisions to the employment area policies,
- integration of public health,
- climate change mitigation and climate change adaptation policies throughout the Plan,
- and revised policies for the rural area that will support rural and village character and rural economic development.